Position: Heavy Duty Mechanic - Journeyman/Red Seal
LOCATION: Grande Prairie (Clairmont) - Accepting resumes out of Red Deer as well
REPORTS TO: MTC Supervisor
APPLY TO: Savannah McDonald - HR/Recruiting Specialist
Fax: (403) 340-1046
WISE Intervention Services Inc. Grande Prairie
- As a Heavy-Duty Mechanic; would working on new coiled tubing, N2 & fluid pumping equipment appeal to you?
- You have an opportunity to make an impact in a smaller organization, which appreciates your expertise and personal input.
- 8/6 rotation provides for great work/family balance.
WISE Intervention provides innovative and effective well solutions for oil and gas companies in North America.
We pride ourselves on hiring the best and the brightest personnel and equip them with revolutionary equipment technology to ensure that we consistently deliver outstanding job performance.
We have an IMMEDIATE opening for an enthusiastic Heavy-Duty Mechanic. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Heavy-Duty Mechanic will be responsible for effectively and efficiently performing preventative maintenance and repairs on the company equipment to manufacturing or company standards in both the field or shop locations; working out of the Grande Prairie Operations Centre. We will also consider applications from other locations.
This position is also responsible for effectively and efficiently improve operations by ensuring equipment perform to standards and decrease turnaround times.
- Service, inspect, disassemble and assemble equipment and vehicles to perform routine maintenance work and repairs as requested.
- Diagnose equipment problems, disassemble and reassemble components on equipment by using all appropriate tools and following company and manufacturing procedures.
- Determine and communicate to staff, management and the Maintenance Team on any equipment or maintenance requirements.
- Investigate and research root cause analysis on equipment malfunctions and provide recommended solutions to Maintenance Manager.
- Respond to field mechanical emergency’s, when required
- Work away from home base, as required
- Operate a hoist and lift devices to position equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Prepare work orders and ensure that work orders are closed upon completion of required tasks.
- Perform checks to ensure that the equipment is suitable for field work or travel.
- Prioritizes tasks, track and maintain preventative maintenance schedule for all units and ensure that they are 100% functional when dispatched to the field.
- Respond to emergency-situations and participate in practice drills.
- Ensure all company standards and operation equipment manufacturing requirements are followed.
- Keep abreast of industry standards.
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends along with recommendations that are critical to the organization's operating performance.
- Build relationships with other departments to ensure WISE’s culture, values, and regulations are reinforced and that teamwork is enhanced during all of the dispatch activities and programs.
- Participates in company and manufacturer-sponsored training programs, as required.
- Comply with Company Health & Safety Program, Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and any other municipal, provincial or federal legislation as it applies.
- Respond to field mechanical emergency'
- Other assignments as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Journeyman/Red Seal Certificate, with applicable work experience.
- Knowledge of hydraulics
- Current First Aid/CPR, H2S, Fall Arrest certificates
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with less than six demerits is required.
- Efficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook knowledge is an asset.
- Must be punctual, reliable and professional and ability to work independently
- Must be quick, proactive, self-disciplined, self-organized, and have a good professional attitude towards visitors and staff
- Solid analytical skills, strategic thinking and an excellent ability to think quickly and make effective decisions in a high-pressure situation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of WISE.
- This position is an 8/6 rotation
- Duties require an on call 24/7 during a set rotation in field &/or shop locations.
- This position is physically demanding and can be strenuous. The mechanic will be lifting, pulling, pushing, and managing various equipment and tools and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and work in adverse weather conditions.
- Exposure to dangerous and/or toxic substances may occur and the mechanic must take necessary precautions to limit the exposure.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical/health assessment & drug test.
- This position may require travel to perform duties and overtime to meet operational needs.
What Makes Us Attractive
- Competitive Salary
- Immediate Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Other incentive programs
*This position is available immediately!